Companies that have signed this Quality Charter voluntarily commit to providing quality tourism services while respecting the animals and minimizing the impact that these services may have on the marine environment. This Charter is the result of a participatory process with the sector's entrepreneurs, with the aim of offering a unique, quality product. It is made up of the following points:
1)We understand that our work should combine efforts towards greater environmental sustainability as regards the management of waste generated by our touristic activities. Therefore, as much as possible, we use recycled materials in the business activities we undertake, using products that are not potentially harmful for the marine environment, and we undertake selective waste management (glass/plastic/paper/organic) in our offices and vessels.
2) We wish to promote the protection of the natural environment where we undertake our business activities. To accomplish this, we actively help with cleaning the marine environment and, while undertaking our business activities, we are committed to stopping or modifying our route to pick up waste the can be seen floating on the surface.
3) We understand that our vessels can become platforms of work and research. Thus, we are open to working with different teams of scientists and scientific dissemination groups to assist with the conservation of the marine environment.
4) In all our voyages, we seek to maximize the touristic experience while minimizing our impact on the marine environment. That's why we commit to approaching the animals with the least possible impact, trying to be as silent as possible during our sighting experiences, ensuring the safety of everything we do at all times.
5) To achieve a quality touristic experience, we understand that an effective on-board guide is necessary to help our visitors to get to know the area they are visiting. That's why our company will accompany every group of more than 25 passengers with a guide who has experience in whale and dolphin watching. For groups of less than 25 passengers, the guide may be the boat's skipper - provided he/she has the necessary experience to perform said work.
6) All of the information about our company and our activities -both on and off the boat- is available in at least two languages: Spanish and English.
7) We aim for an impeccable reputation in terms of our service and dedication to everything we do. Our company has a commitment to ensure that the boat is completely clean before each service. Likewise, our crew will always be well groomed and in uniform, being visibly identifiable so that our customers can see their name and position on the boat.
8) We wish to provide information to the tourist in a way that is both clear and direct so that he/she can better choose the tourism services he/she prefers. Therefore, we offer personal advice and informational brochures in our offices and/or at our points of sale, where you will always find updated information about:
Our tourism products (length, price, hours, special needs, services offered, etc.)
The natural resources that you'll be able to enjoy aboard (species and characteristics of the whales and dolphins, sea birds, coastal areas, etc.)
9) We are committed to having a presence on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, and others), where we keep in direct contact with our visitors: working with them before, during, and after their visit to the island. We understand that the new technologies are the easiest way to get closer to our customers; therefore, our company also has an up-to-date webpage where all of the information included in the previous point can be found.
10) We see the tourism services that we offer as a way of earning our living, with a commitment to showing our customers and visitors the wonders of our sea. We believe that this type of tourism is a vital tool to promote awareness about the conservation of the natural resources that sustain our lives; therefore, on each voyage we make, we provide a short introductory talk to our customers that includes:
A welcome and introduction to crew members.
Organizational information about the activity (length, journey, specific needs, etc.).
Information about on-board behaviour during the activity and while observing the whales and dolphins.
Information about the natural resources that will be seen during the activity and the general need take an active role in their conservation.
11) Safety on board is a fundamental part of our service; therefore, at the start of each voyage, we always provide basic on-board safety guidelines, as well as information on how to act in the event of an emergency.
12) For us to be able to optimize our tourism services, we must know our customers' opinion. Therefore, our company is committed to evaluating our tourists' satisfaction, undertaking surveys with at least 5% of our clients on a daily basis.
13) Training is one of the keys that allow us to improve our services; therefore, we participate annually in training workshops and courses promoted by the Department of Tourism of Tenerife by sending at least one person on the team per boat to said workshops.
14) We want to set ourselves apart by ensuring a Culture for Details on our work teams. Thus, we have assisted with the drafting of a Good Practices Manual for whale and dolphin watching activities on our island - a manual which we aim to adopt and gradually implement on all our vessels and in all the tourism services we provide.
15) We are committed on a daily basis to ensuring that our entire human and technical team is familiar with the criteria set forth in this Quality Charter, guaranteeing their familiarity with the 15 points that make up this document and the document's sequenced implementation over the 6 months immediately following the agreement signed between the entrepreneurs and the Department of Tourism of Tenerife.